OD webinar | Bangladesh – A Market Full of Opportunity
July 16, 2020
Recorded on 16 July 2020.
As one of the fastest growing economies in South Asia and with a government that aspires to reach “middle-income country” status by 2021, Bangladesh has seen a flurry of developments in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors in recent times. The country’s need to expand its infrastructural and energy facilities to match its growth has led to a dearth of opportunities for international investors.
Our panel of experts delved into the present opportunities available in Bangladesh, breaking down why the legal/regulatory and contracting framework has been of such interest to international investors and lenders.
– James Harris, Partner, Pinsent Masons
– Shahwar Nizam, Partner, DFDL
– Sudipta Husain, Investment Officer, Infrastructure & Natural Resources, IFC
– Arun Sen, CEO, Coromandel Advisors
– Yash Shah, Senior Vice President, Global Structured Finance, SMBC
Tags: Asia | Energy | Infrastructure | Bangladesh