IPFA Training: Asia: Singapore: Understanding International Project Finance
The International Project Finance Association (IPFA) is delighted to announce its first ever training programme in Asia.
The programme covers everything from procurement, risk management (from both a government and a private sector perspective) through to cashflows and finance structure with discussions covering project contractual structures and risk management techniques used in Project Finance. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the following:
• The PPP and power procurement process
• How risks are managed and allocated in a project finance
• The commercial structuring of PPPs
• The role of the SPV and counterparties
• Basic financial modelling principles and debt term sheets.
The course will be facilitated by Ian Greer, a leading practitioner in the project finance market. Training will take place in the form of interactive discussions, working groups and case studies. Detailed course materials will also be provided and each delegate will receive a certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course, plus 12 CPD points.
Full details of our course instructor can be found via our website.
09.00 - 09.30 INTRODUCTION TO COURSE
09.30 - 10.45 INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT FINANCE
- Provide an overview of a typical Project Finance Structure
- Qualitative Risk Analysis and the importance of Counterparty
- Typical financial structure and quantitative risk analysis
- The Sponsor, limited recourse and bankability
- Due Diligence
- Risk Management Tools
10.45 - 11.15 COFFEE BREAK
11.15 - 12.15 UNDERSTANDING PPPs
- Rationale for PPP’s
- Brief History of Global development
- Infrastructure Funding/Financing
- Why PPPs
- Legal & regulatory systems
- Financing the SPV including ECA
- The Business Case
12.15 - 13.15 LUNCH
13.15 - 14.45 IDENTIFICATION & ALLOCATION OF RISK
- Risk Management
- Risk Structuring Workshop examining the risk profile of projects in power and transport
14.45 - 15.15 COFFEE BREAK
15.15 - 16.00 THE IMPORTANCE OF COUNTERPARTY IN RISK TRANSFER
- The builder and counterparty risk
- Construction risk transfer and management
- Case study examining risk transfer and counterparty failure
16.00 - 17.00 HOST SESSION
An aspect of Asian Project Finance market
17.00 - 18.00 COCKTAIL RECEPTION
9.00 - 10.30 QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS & FINANCE MODELS
- Interpreting Financial Models
- Capital structure – debt, subordinated debt, equity
- Debt Sizing
- Interpreting financial ratios
- Sensitivity & Scenario Analysis
10.30 - 11.00 COFFEE BREAK
11.00 - 12.30 KEY ISSUES IN PROJECT AGREEMENTS
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)
- Project Agreement (Concession Agreement and PPA)
- Force Majeure events
12.30 - 13.30 LUNCH
13.30 - 15.00 PUBLIC PROCUREMENT AND MANAGING THE TRANSACTION
- Public Sector Comparator
- Procurement Stages
- Events Post Contract
- Disputes and Termination
15.00 – 15.30 COFFEE BREAK
15.30 – 16.30 KEY ELEMENTS OF THE FINANCE STRUCTURE
- Cashflow controls – waterfall, reserves, liquidity management
- Review of a typical Term Sheet
- Structure and key terms in finance documents
16.30 - 17:00 – WRAP-UP
- IPFA Member / Public Sector Delegate rate: USD $650
- Non IPFA Member Delegate rate: USD $995
GST is not applicable and will not be charged. Fees include all documentation, lunch and refreshments, but does not include accommodation.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings and are processed as follows:
- For two delegates a 10% discount will be applied to the total fee
- For three delegates a 15% discount will be applied to the total fee
- For four or more delegates a 20% discount will be applied to the total fee
Fees include all documentation, lunch and refreshments but does not include accommodation.
*Payment can also be made in GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD, ZAR
Please complete the online booking form to register for the course. Once your registration has been received, an invoice will be raised and sent to you in US Dollars. Confirmation of your attendance along with joining instructions will be sent upon receipt of payment. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
IPFA reserves the right, prior to the commencement date to change or cancel the whole or any part of the programme. Please do not book travel plans until the course is confirmed to you in writing.
Insurance is recommended as the full course fees are payable and no refunds will be made if the delegate is unable to attend.
Following your registration, your email address will be added to the relevant regional mailing list to keep you informed of upcoming IPFA operations. Your details will NOT be shared with third parties and you can opt out at any time.
For training enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Marina Boulevard
Level 23, MBFC Tower 3