Business Development Manager, New York – Public Training Course Portfolio
Mazars USA LLP
Mazars in US is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 26,000+ professionals around the world. Their industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses, and large enterprises.
Mazars works as a single, integrated team, committed to helping their clients and people succeed by respecting who they are and how they work, adapting our approach accordingly. We take pride in what we do and are committed to playing our part in building the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial salesperson looking to gain professional experience in the financial services sector, working with a range of client types and with an international team. This role is part of a truly global sales team with members that you will regularly communicate with closely, sitting in cities such as London, Sydney, Delhi, and Spain. The training business genuinely fosters a proactive culture of open communication, collaboration, lead sharing, ideation, and partnership to grow the business. The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn from and grow with a highly skilled team of finance and business development professionals in an open and friendly environment.
Job Purpose Statement
The open position is for a sales manager to specifically sell and close registrations for Mazars Public Training Course portfolio, happening in the New York area. It is a client-facing role that requires a highly organized professional with outstanding communication skills, to work both independently and as part of a team. The position requires an excellent multitasker working to sell, pitch and close a high number of registrations each month with candidates from many different institutions. The public training course portfolio is a key business for the practice, and you will be working somewhat independently to ensure these events are booked at capacity and running smoothly.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow the sales pipeline of *public* training course registrations for courses taking place in New York.
- Primarily outbound sales activity to identify and target the right types of clients and prospects through analysis of our extensive database of former course attendees and repeat businesses, light networking, periodic inbound leads from the website, LinkedIn in searches, conducting virtual and in person meetings.
- Maintain clear and consistent sales pipeline in Salesforce CRM
- Manage key accounts and develop relationships with training decision-makers to ensure client satisfaction and to bring in repeat business as new hires come in throughout the year.
- Work with the global training head to schedule forward calendar of public courses.
- Consistently follow up with lapsed leads to send the forward calendar of courses and to inquire as to other colleagues
- Provide regular updates on pipeline and forward bookings for team meetings and to the director of business development as requested for regional reporting.
- Liaise closely internally with the head of Americas training business and the Director of Business development in NY to ensure clear communication with regards to client outreach and coverage
- Represent Mazars when we deliver courses to clients and during external events or meetings; Minimal travel is required to potentially attend off-site practice meetings, live training courses (Toronto, or US-based), and any networking events as arranged with BD director.
- Maintain minimal but consistent visibility with former and current course attendees to market upcoming courses, webinars, and products to generate potential internal referrals.
Successful candidates will have the following
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in B2B sales
- Permanent residency in the New York, New Jersey area, willing to commute into the city a few days a week and to attend in person courses in the New York office.
- Basic understanding of the financial services industry, ideally with exposure to the energy and infrastructure sectors, or similar; no one is expecting you to be an expert in finance so long as you can absorb key industry concepts to supplement your understanding of the product and polish your pitch and identify the right companies and job titles to go after.
- Experience working with decision makers from banks, advisors, investors and developers
- Someone bilingual in English and Spanish is a major plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team to support overall practice growth and success
- Absolutely outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship required
What Mazars USA LLP offer
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- Dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also available
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to their values. They recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes them stronger as a business.
Mazars seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of their clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars USA LLP selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and maintains a drug-free workplace.