Director – PFI Consultancy
Multiple UK locations: London, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Cambridge, Guildford
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our Places business area is focused on creating and managing sustainable places where people live, work, and thrive; we’re working together to build a better, more sustainable future. And even though our Places business is rapidly growing, we have ambitious plans to go further. We need strategic thinkers; we need people to deliver our plans. As one of the fastest growing areas in Arcadis, we’re here for the long-term. Our careers reflect that. You’ll develop, grow and exceed your potential. We take your career journey seriously and we’ll support you every step of the way, so if you are seeking full time, part time or something else entirely we will do our very best to consider it.
The post holder will join the Arcadis Facilities Management community, a team focused on delivering strategic property advice to public & private sector clients, including:
- Central Government Departments, Local Authorities, Defence, Education and Health
- SPV’s, Lenders / Funder’s and Service Provider / Contracting organisations
- Financial Institutions and Banks, Conglomerates & Consumer Goods, Corporate Developers, Housing, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals and Infrastructure
The FM team is a key area of focus for the Places Global Business Area, with ambitious plans for further growth over the course of the next five years, building on our significant growth in the last couple of years
Key responsibilities will be:
- Be seen as the team’s ‘go to’ subject matter expert in relation to PFI
- Lead the charge for Arcadis on the significant opportunity around PFI handbacks
- Further develop the PFI consultancy offering, including the various elements of the proposition and associated tools and materials
- Own and grow the ‘book of work’ covering the opportunities associated with PFI handback
- Developing the proposition to assist in industrialising and differentiating Arcadis
- Providing technical leadership to grow the teams’ capability
The activities will include leading and undertaking PFI handback support, to include:
- Review and interpretation of PFI contract handback drafting
- Guiding and overseeing the ‘survey on expiry’
- Review of asset / service data provide by the SPV / PFI service provider/s
- Supporting future service delivery strategy development and implementation
- Hard FM
- Soft FM
- Ongoing asset lifecycle replacement
- Developing forward budget estimates
- Supporting negotiation with SPV
Additionally, there may be a requirement to provide / lead other PFI related consultancy support, including periodic value for money reviews, funders’ due diligence and Expert Witness / dispute support.
The role will require knowledge of the various constituent elements that are included within a PFI arrangement such as hard and soft FM, lifecycle, payment mechanisms, benchmarking, market testing etc.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven, and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.