Mazars are recruiting for a Manager focused on delivering financial modelling training courses to their client base in EMEA. They combine classroom and digital delivery to ensure that clients get the best possible solution for their specific situation. Mazars client base covers top-tier banks in energy and infrastructure (often project finance teams), advisors, investors, developers and government. This highly client facing role is designed to support their regional growth, with involvement in business development, webinars, training module design, client meetings and participation in networking events.
This role is part of a truly global team with a strong collaborative culture. Many of Mazars clients work globally, and they work every day to provide high quality, consistent learning experiences in all regions. Across their financial modelling training, financial model build, valuations and financial model audit teams they are close to 200 professionals globally and are now looking to further grow the training business in EMEA.
Mazars has a flexible approach to remote working and always strive to make the most of the opportunities that new technology and workplace cultures offer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver financial modelling training courses in a combination of scheduled public (open) and tailored inhouse course, digital and classroom
- Actively work to build the business, both in Training and for the broader Energy and Infrastructure sector team
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues in Toronto, New York, Johannesburg, Paris, Delhi and Sydney on a weekly basis
- Prepare and deliver webinars, online tutorials on financial modelling topics
- Travel for classroom courses, typically in EMEA and the Middle East, and occasionally to Africa and North America.
- Support the BD team with specialist input in tailoring of course content
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of courses, working with our Client Service Manager (for logistics, venues, etc) and dedicated Business Development team
- Research and explore new courses and modules to ensure that Mazars remain a leader in their field
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience in developing financial models for the energy & infrastructure sector
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with a passion for teaching at all levels – from Graduates to Executive Management
- Demonstrable project management skills and ability to work toward agreed timetables
- Commercial experience in the energy and infrastructure sector, ideally in development, credit, investments and/or valuations
- Experience of building enduring relationships with clients
- Highly pro-active team player with a proven ability to build constructive professional relationships at all levels
- Passionate about best-practice financial modelling for project finance, valuations and transactions
- Excellent finance and accounting knowledge – ACA, CFA or other certifications are desirable.
- Professional level of English both written and verbal
- A second (or thirds) language is desirable, particularly Spanish, French, German and/or Arabic
Financial Advisory Services – Service Line Overview
The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues.
Mazars FAS specialists support clients with raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to their values. They recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes them stronger as a business.
Mazars seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of their clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience