Groundworker / Labourer
Multiple UK locations: Newmarket, Cambridge
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our Places business area is focused on creating and managing sustainable places where people live, work, and thrive; we’re working together to build a better, more sustainable future. And even though our Places business is rapidly growing, we have ambitious plans to go further. We need strategic thinkers; we need people to deliver our plans. As one of the fastest growing areas in Arcadis, we’re here for the long-term. Our careers reflect that. You’ll develop, grow and exceed your potential. We take your career journey seriously and we’ll support you every step of the way, so if you are seeking full time, part time or something else entirely we will do our very best to consider it.
The role will comprise working in teams to deliver aspects of our Core Services (Civils, Ecology, Remediation, Drilling) for our clients based across the UK. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- UK wide travel to facilitate works on client sites (Monday to Friday contracted working hours).
- Working with a range of site teams to facilitate construction and decommissioning activities, civils, remediation, drilling and ecological mitigation projects.
- The role will require you to help develop safe methods of working, implement them on site and proactively engage with the companies H&S processes to improve the way we work moving forward.
- Due to our diverse range of projects, you will be expected to undertake additional training in the use of new plant and equipment to facilitate the growth of the team and widen your knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You must be a motivated person, who enjoys a hands-on, outdoor jobs. Experience in as a machine operator, labourer, delivery driver, trade person, landscaper, etc. is beneficial but not required.
- Current CSCS card is preferable.
- A full UK/EU driving license is essential for this role.
- Willingness to stay away from home is a must as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Basic IT Skills to support timesheet and expense submissions (Accommodation, Travel and Food allowance will be provided).
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven, and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.