SER Project Assistant Level 7
Multiple UK locations: Greater Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Cardiff, Wales, Guildford, Surrey, Cambridge, East of England,
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
As a Project Assistant Manager, you will be an integrated member of our UK Site Evaluation & Restoration (SER) team. The role is to lead the project assistant, both in India (GEC) and UK, and undertake the Project Assistant role on our complex / high-value projects within the SER Business Unit. You will report to the Environment Project Assistant lead and support them in growing the project assistant community.
- Support the delivery of projects alongside the project managers
- Manage fee/ resource trackers
- Manage PO’s, both raising and tracking of invoices.
- Manage compliance with BMS and Collaboration Hub.
- Manage AWPM Assistant team in SER.
- Train and guide the AWPM Assistant team in the GEC.
- Oversight of resources on projects.
- Month-end duties and re-forecasting in Oracle Cloud.
- Project setups – ACT’s and Bid Books.
- Maintain specific client requirements on projects.
- Ad-Hoc duties.
- Conversion of BoQ into ACT’s.
- Develop effective working relationships with the Project Director and/or
- Project Manager and with the client and ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues.
- Work collaboratively with teams from across Arcadis in different service lines and sector roles to bring the best of Arcadis to our clients.
- Monitor the performance of team members and subcontractors, identifying and then ensuring resolution of any issues, escalating where necessary.
- Coach, guide and provide advice to team members and new project managers, to support them in their delivery on the projects.Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional experience either working in finance or as a project assistant.
- Experience working on large-scale projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet month-end deadlines or client requirements.
- Being able to take charge and implement a better way of working with project managers.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2035.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.