Key Issues In Turkish Municipality Financings and Alternative Financing Methods
Municipalities in Turkey play a key role in the local management and implementation of social policies. They have a wide range of responsibilities from urbanization to environmental policy implementation, tourism and immigration. On the other hand, municipalities face various constraints in accessing required levels of financing when trying to accomplish their goals as well as striving to achieve new objectives mandated by the ever-changing requirements of our times.
Against the demanding nature of servicing the public needs, Turkish municipalities have been subject to relatively traditional rules and regulations when it comes to raising financing. Legal and regulatory constraints for financings somewhat contradict with the constantly increasing needs of municipalities.
In the webinar, we discuss the key issues in municipality financings and alternative financing methods also taking into consideration the impact of the prolonged pandemic conditions, with a view to elaborate on what needs to be achieved to keep up with today’s financing requirements.
– Gökçe Uluc, Partner, GKC Partners (Moderator)
– Rezzan Neslihan Vural, Financing Directorate, İstanbul Metropolitan Municipality
– Selin Sayın Kapanci, Financing Directorate, İzmir Metropolitan Municipality
– Şule Kılıç, Deputy Country Director, Turkey, EBRD
– Emmanuelle Nasse Bridier, Executive Director Urban Resilience Initiative, Meridiam