IPFA event hosted by GHD on Tuesday 5 July.
It became very clear at the event “Integrating ESG in Capital Decision Making in the Middle East”, that ESG related developments in the Middle East have picked up the pace in both public and private sectors in line with global developments and trends.
– How far off are we from best practice of incorporating ESG into investment and lending decisions transitioning to be standard practice? What does good governance look like when it takes ESG into account in every decision?
– What role will risk and profit play as we transition to a more sustainable and low carbon economy?
– How can we shift focus from the E to also include more of the S?
– What does the future hold for ESG aligned investment?
– Anna Jakobsen, EMEA Lead, Sustainability, Resilience and ESG, GHD (Moderator)
– Ibrahim Al Zubi Chief Sustainability Officer, Majid Al Futtaim
– Timucin Engin, Senior Director, Cross-Practice Country Coordinator, GCC Region, S&P Global
– Gregory Man, Partner, Bird & Bird
– Jean Louis Morcos, Senior Investment Officer and Regional Sustainable and Climate Finance Lead, IFC
– Oliver Phillips, Associate Director, Sustainable Finance, Standard Chartered