Find out what was discussed – download presentation slides from our European event held on Thursday 19 October 2023 in Brussels, Belgium (Scroll down for link)
What was the event about?
Energy transition is one of the core pillars of the European Green Deal and a key area of focus for policymakers across the European Union. The European Commission adopted a set of proposals to make the EU’s climate, energy, transport and taxation policies fit for reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels. The energy sector’s shift from fossil-based systems of energy production and consumption to renewable energy sources like wind and solar will require unprecedented investment in renewables technologies in Europe.
We discussed what challenges and opportunities various renewable technologies are faced with in Belgium and how investors can contribute to power the change in energy production and consumption.
– Laurens Cools, Managing Associate, Linklaters (Moderator)
– Lothar Van Driessche, Managing Associate, Linklaters (Moderator)
– Guillaume Bregentzer, Head of Strategy, Regulatory & Transversal, ENGIE Flex Generation Europe
– Nico Buedts, Senior Development Manager Offshore, Jan De Nul
– Stephanie Dobbelaere, Investment Director, Energy Transition, TINC Development Partners
– Tom Feys, Member of the Executive Committee, FPIM (Federale Participatiemaastschappij)
– Gerald Koch, BD Director Energy Transition & Digital Infrastructure, Invesis
– Dennis Schiricke, CEO, SemperPower
We’d also like to thank Invesis UK Limited for hosting the event.