On June 30th, 2021, Mott Macdonald hosted an IPFA webinar session, titled “Sustainable Investment: ESG Implementation Barriers and Opportunities in North America”. Building on an introductory session in February that explored the infrastructure deficit and the role of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) standards and frameworks in sustainable investment, this webinar delved into what that means from a North American context, discussing the role that governments have to play in considering alternative procurement models to promote sustainable infrastructure in investment planning, strategy, and pursuing value orientated implementation.
The webinar brought together panelists from both the public and private sectors to discuss how public infrastructure can be effectively procured and implemented to meet international, national, and local climate change and sustainability policies and objectives. The panelists included:
- Denise Bower, Executive Director, Mott MacDonald (Moderator)
- Jim Pass, Global Head of Project Finance, Guggenheim Partners
- David McCauley, Senior VP for Global Partnerships & Multilateral Engagement, WWF
- Cris Liban, Chief Sustainability Officer, LA Metro
- Angela Clayton, President, Project Delivery, Infrastructure Ontario
Download the summary to read more.