Find out what was discussed – download the event summary from our Melbourne event held on Wednesday 11 October 2023. (Scroll down for link)
What was the event about?
In the annual Victorian Government Update, keynote speaker, The Hon. Danny Pearson, Assistant Treasurer, presented on the 2022/2023 State Budget, provided an update on the State’s infrastructure program and outlined reforms to enhance the way infrastructure is procured and delivered in Victoria. Following the presentation, an expert panel of government and private sector leaders considered how private finance can continue to play an important role in facilitating infrastructure investments, including in the critical sectors of health and social housing. The panel also discussed the evolution of the approach to infrastructure procurement and opportunities to further increase efficiencies and support productivity growth.
With thanks to our speakers and panellists:
– Moderator: Jo Pugsley, Partner, Clayton Utz
– Keynote Address: The Hon. Danny Pearson, Assistant Treasurer
– Kate O’Sullivan, Acting Deputy Secretary, Commercial Division, Department of Treasury and Finance, Victoria
– Tina Skliros, Executive Director, Project Initiation and Transactions (PPP), VHBA
– Ryan Slocombe, Principal, Tetris Capital
We’d also like to thank Clayton UTZ for hosting the event.