Columbia Threadneedle Investments is an asset management firm with a global team of 2,000 people. Their expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Their clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and they have the capability to create bespoke solutions matching the clients’ specific requirements.
Job Purpose Statement
You will be responsible for supporting the execution and management of investments for the European Sustainable Infrastructure Fund (ESIF) Fund Strategy.
- Monitor and develop an in-depth understanding of their target infrastructure sectors and the broader European infrastructure marketplace for developments and new opportunities, to ensure a constant pipeline of transactions.
- Developing and reviewing detailed financial models for investment opportunities or portfolio companies, that are fully dynamic and capable of running extensive scenario analysis.
- Leading due diligence and coordinating external advisors in investment appraisals.
- Making verbal and written presentations of proposed and existing investments to the team and Fund’s Investment Committees.
- Provide support to the transaction Director and liaising with key counterparties such as advisers, lenders and corporate representatives to evaluate, structure and negotiate investment opportunities.
- Supporting the on-going asset management of portfolio companies; attend board meetings and monitor and prepare reporting material on asset performance.
- Contributing directly to ongoing business development and fundraising effort and conducting research and analysis to support presentations to existing and prospective investors and investment consultants.
- Prior demonstrable European infrastructure investing/Merger & Acquisition experience at a leading infrastructure fund, investment bank, Big 4 or private equity firm
- Languages: English and minimum of one other European language
- Track record advising or managing infrastructure investments with demonstrable experience working on completed transactions, including conducting research, the co-ordination of transactions, reviewing due diligence materials and legal documentation
- Strong commercial acumen, an attention to detail, analytically rigorous and good understanding of the fundamentals of the different infrastructure sect
- Experience in financial analysis and valuations – ability to construct complex, fully flexible, excelbased financial models
- Strong communicator with experience of presentations and report writing
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Additional financial qualifications (or working towards) including Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Equal Opportunities Statement
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business, and they recognise that their success is due to their talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. They are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of their employees and reflects their broader
communities and client-base.
They appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
To make an application please use the following link on their careers page.