The need for and use of Hydrogen in the process to Net Zero Emissions.
In this workshop, our expert panel delves into the development of Hydrogen in Australia.
– The mass of GHG emissions arising and the World Carbon Budget, and therefore the need to decarbonise to net zero by 2050 (or sooner);
– The central role that the development of renewable electrical energy has in decarbonisation, and in this context the role of hydrogen – decarbonising up to 30% of world energy use, and as such up to around 12 giga tonnes or around one quarter of current GHG emissions;
– The anatomy of Blue and Green Hydrogen projects, and the key dynamics to the development of supply and demand.
– The fundamentals and hurdles of financing hydrogen projects
– Land and approvals requirements for hydrogen projects (Room 1)
– Renewable Electrical Energy and its role in the development of hydrogen projects (Room 2)
– Getting H2 or H2 based fuel to market, domestic or export – how and when? (Room 3)
– Michael Harrison, Partner, Ashurst (Moderator)
– Andrew Gay, Partner, Ashurst
– Caroline Lindsey, Partner, Ashurst