In this FLN webinar, the panel of experts discuss the current opportunities and challenges for Waste-to-Energy (WTE) projects across Asia, drawing from their extensive international experience in the sector and beyond..
The urban population in Asia is projected to rise significantly in the coming years, and this staggering growth places significant pressure on governments in the region to find adequate solutions for effective and environmentally responsible waste management and electricity generation.
With reference to existing projects as case studies, the panel look at the technical, commercial and legal aspects of WTE project development and financing, whilst exploring risk and responsibility allocation.
– Key considerations that authorities may take into account in relation to the procurement, development and financing of WTE projects (including via public private partnerships)
– Key considerations that financiers and investors may take into account in relation to investing in WTE projects across the various stages
– Technological advancements, potential solutions and challenges in WTE
– Current opportunities and trends in Asia and beyond
– Matthew Osbourne, Partner, White & Case (Moderator)
– Jean-Marie Verrier, Head of Renewables & Sustainable Energy, Project Finance Australia, SMBC
– Edward Nicholas, Executive Director at Tribe Infrastructure Group
– Jo Emerson Taqi, Partner, White & Case
– Euan Low, Independant