The European continent recorded 4.5GW of battery storage capacity last year, with predictions to catapult to a staggering 95GW by 2050. This expansion is not about to slow, with at least another 6GW predicted for installation in 2023 according to the European Market Monitor on Energy Storage (EMMES).
Our expert panel explores the current and future landscape of the UK and the European energy storage market, analysing regional and global trends, investment opportunities and challenges faced by developers and investors in these markets, and the role of regulations and policy measures.
– What are the predictions for 2050, given the recent surge in grid-scale installations and planned capacity additions?
– What makes markets attractive, in the short run and in the long run? What are the main drivers for the Battery Storage business case in the UK and European markets?
– Which key regulations have encouraged growth in this sector, and how have they impacted project finance and investment dynamics? How will they change in the future?
– How can we navigate power price volatility and anticipated market saturation?
– Louis Strydom, Director, Growth & Development (Africa & Europe), Wärtsilä (Moderator)
– James-Augustine Foley, Executive Director, Santander CIB
– Liliya Ivanova, Director, Infrared Capital Partners
– Fabien Roques, Executive Vice President, Head of European Energy practice, Compass Lexecon
This webinar is part of our global webinar series 30 MINUTES WITH… where we explore the latest developments in infrastructure investment worldwide.