Data Centres: How Do I Connect to the Opportunities?
For a long time infrastructure investors have been circling the data centre space anxious to deploy capital into what, from the outside, appears to be a great opportunity not to be missed. However, once they start to delve into the asset class in more detail they are hit by a myriad of questions and uncertainty – is it really an infrastructure asset? Where in the world to invest? Platform vs assets? Development versus established?
– Where should the infra investor be looking to invest – US vs FLAP vs Asia vs ?
– Platform vs Single Asset – what’s the best option for an investor looking to get in on the action
– DC Development investment – how can an infra investor get comfortable with development and letting risk?
– Hyperscale vs Edge vs Enterprise Divestment – what risks are there for infra investors in each of these and should any simply be avoided
– Technology risk – is this really a thing or just a perception?
Barry Gross, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP (Moderator)
Arun Shenoy, ServerFarm
Quynh Tran, SMBC
Paul Cranfield, VIPA Digital
Joe Harar, EdgeConneX
View all Infratech Series episodes.
For details of the original event, follow this link.