In recent weeks we have seen how Latin American countries have unevenly adopted measures to mitigate the effects of COVID-19. There is no doubt that many of these measures will paralyze wide economic sectors, meaning governments will need to take significant stimulating steps to boost their economies, maintain security and ensure social peace.
– Is there a nationalisation risk? Protection of foreign investments.
– Governments: fiscal measures, access to funds (subsidies) and easing of payment obligations.
– Role of multilateral institutions.
– Force Majeure interpretation: is it applicable in this crisis?
– How can foreign investors work with LatAm Governments in fighting COVID-19
Jose Maria Viñals, Squire Patton Boggs (Moderator)
Antonio Bonet, Spanish Exporters and Foreign Investors Club
Eva Balleste Morilla, IE Business School
Luis Villarroya, EPTISA
Eduardo Mas, Deutsche Bank Spain
View all Latin America Series episodes.
For details of the original event, follow this link.