In this second episode of our four-part ESG in the Nordics Series, Juhani Pitkänen, Assistant General Counsel of Metsä Group, speaks to Laura Huomo, Energy Lawyer at Bird & Bird and IPFA Nordics Chair, in this 17-minute interview:
- Does Metsä only do taxonomy-related reporting or a mix of different types? How does this affect Metsä and how have they, in practise, had to tweak their governance to meet with the requirements?
- In M&A activity, ESG issues have been long in the due diligence list of requirements but will this new layer of obligations change the M&A scene in addition to the financing scene?
- How will Metsä tailor its investments now to meet requirements post-2035?
Metsä Group is a Finnish forest industry group that operates in international markets. It produces renewable products from northern forests that replace the use of fossil raw materials.
More Episodes from this series:
- EP 1 | In Conversation with Fingrid
- EP 3 | In Conversation with Neste
- EP 4 | In Conversation with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners