We are pleased to welcome on board Caroline Hoste, as a Belgium Council Member:
Caroline has over 17 years of experience in financing transactions and complex projects. She advises national and international clients on all aspects of a large range of financing transactions, such as project finance, trade and export finance, direct lending, leveraged finance (including acquisition finance), real estate finance and asset finance.
We asked Caroline a few questions to get to know her a bit better:
If you could personally change or influence on thing within infrastructure and/or energy, what would it be?
- The impact of politics on infrastructure and/or energy projects. It is two ways – Private projects can be negatively impacted by new laws jeopardising investments. Public infrastructure projects are often put on hold for long periods due to elections, change of government which can have a delay on very necessary infrastructure or energy projects.
Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself at the start of your career?
- Be bold. Speak up. Do not hold back on speaking to senior professionals as the view of junior professionals can be very enlightening. These views may be less influenced by what you tend to accept as being market practice as senior practitioner.
- Do not be afraid of making mistakes as it is part of what will shape you to become a better professional.
- Always try to see the whole picture of the project you are working on rather than only focussing on your specific task in it.
What do you hope to bring to the Belgium Council?
- With the experience and network I have within the infrastructure and energy sector I hope to be able to further build the success of IPFA in Belgium by connecting people and making awareness of important topics within the infrastructure and energy sector. And of course also supporting an being representative for female presence within the infrastructure and energy sector.